Pentjak Silat USA is a program developed to give the practitioner of Pentjak Silat the core of Silat concepts, theories, principles, training methods and applications. It looks at what is at the heart of the fundamentals of Pentjak Silat and presents that to the practitioner. This allows each practitioner to integrate their own body awareness and movement to the circumstances presented without employing a specific style of movement. We are not a new system or style, rather we present a basic platform from which many of the Silat styles operate.
We have at our core a cross section of styles, each one also a cross section or composite of other styles and so on. The advantage to this kind of curriculum is that there are no restrictions to one method, therefore leaving room for exploration.
Guru Besar Hans
* Pentjak Silat Pukulan Pak Serak- As taught by BGB Maurice de Thouars
*Pukulan Sera- As taught by Bapak Guru Besar Dolf de Vries
* Babo Arnis- As taugh by Grand Master Narrie Babao
* Pentjak Silat USA- As taught by Guru Besar Andre Knust Graichen
* Marksmanship shooting and combat Hand Gun Training- as taught by Ben Rosen, Green Beret Special Operations Tactics and Firerarms expert
* Villabrille-Largusa- As taught by Guro Ben T Largusa
GURU BESAR HANS TEACHES AT TRITON GYM HERMOSA BEACH CA. 310-765-0099 call him for appointment.
Pentjak Silat USA
Langkas (footworks) and Theories
Angles of Attack (16)
5) Gauntlet with empty hand (set and non set techniques) and weapons.
Silat Serah/Sera/Serak has a heavy emphasis on proper machenics for sweeping and striking. The genius of silat is that the open hand system translates very easily to blades (with a little tweaking of course).